Ok, we get it. The holidays are almost over. We've been filling our growing bellies with sweet treats and comfort foods for weeks now and something's gotta give.
Yeah, we know bikini season is right around the corner. If we must, we'll summon all of our energy to hit the gym (which will be extremely crowded for about a month) and try and clean up our diet. No more mac and cheese and cheesecake for us!
You know what though? We aren't quite ready for broccoli and egg whites and we bet your aren't either. Don't worry. We've got you covered.
We scoured the earth to find our 10 favorite "fit snacks" to help you get in the healthy, post-holiday spirit without driving you insane for lack of flavor. We love 'em and we think you will too. Enjoy!
1. Nut Butter Nation Peanut Butter - Ok, shameless plug. Our peanut butter tastes amazing and is full of all natural goodness. We make all of our flavors using simple, all natural ingredients. There are 5 flavors to choose from. Check em out!
2. Boom Chicka Pop - This popcorn is where it's at. Popcorn is a great snack but for years the popcorn market was full of gross popcorn and gross ingredients. Not anymore. Boom Chicka Pop has reinvented this simple snack and made it fun at the same time. You'll love it!
3. Suja Juice - Have you ever thought about doing a juice cleanse or maybe just adding some juice to your diet? If so, Suja is what you need. Most "juices" are either full of added junk or made in a way that destroys the goodness that juice is known for. Suja is cold-pressed and free of additives or extra ingredients. It is our "go to" for juice.
4. KIND Snacks - We have loved KIND snack bars for a long time. They are known for using simple, natural ingredients. The new bars, pictured in the above photo, are about as simple as you can get, and we love 'em! Grab one or ten for some quick, natural energy.
5. Chic a Peas - If you haven't had roasted chickpeas before, you are missing out. Thankfully, Chic a Peas has come to the market with several versions of this awesome snack so you don't have to do it yourself. Simple, tasty, and full of fiber. These grab bags are a must for a great chip alternative.
6. Grab The Gold Bars - If you don't live in the South, you might not yet have heard of "Gold Bars" as we like to call them. You will. These amazing hockey puck shaped snacks are addictive. Good thing they are made with simple, natural ingredients. Buy 'em while you can because these things sell out fast!
7. Purely Elizabeth - We have to have our granola. We just do. Sadly, we know that most granola is no healthier for you than Fruity Pebbles (which are awesome). Enter Elizabeth, and her amazing granola. She keeps it simple but amazing, which is what we look for in food. They have several flavors and they are all to die for. Trust us.
8. Bounce Foods Energy Balls - We love cool, tasty grab and go snacks. Bounce Foods has developed all natural energy balls, which is funny to say and awesome to eat. These individually wrapped balls (giggle) come in quite a few flavors, all of which are amazing. The best part is you can grab one, pop it in your mouth in a couple of bites, and go!
9. Siggi's - Yogurt is a must have. You know it. We know it. Everyone knows it. Anytime someone makes waves with a new yogurt, we are there. Siggi's has been gaining attention and favor with their Icelandic style yogurt. We don't know what in the world that means, but we know we love it. Their flavors are simple and unique so we are all on board.
10. Wine...All The Wine - We won't hold you to one flavor or brand here. We just know that we aren't giving up our wine just because we are supposed to be eating healthier. After all, wine is good for your heart...and your sanity. These days there are all kinds of options, including single serve. You no longer have to talk like a rich jerk to enjoy good wine. Grab a bottle or a box and enjoy (responsibly).
We want you to be healthy but we also want you to be happy. Why not be both? These are some snacks that we are loving. If you've never had them, check 'em out and let us know what you think!
Happy New Year!