They’re soft and rich and melt-in-your-mouth delish. Plus have you SEEN anything cuter?!
These are a perfect bite-sized treat for any kind of fall-tastic gathering between now and Thanksgiving.
Ingredients (makes about 30 PBPBs):
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup Honey Vanilla peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Orange food coloring (or you can mix red and yellow)
- Chocolate chips
- Mix together the coconut oil and peanut butter with a mixer.
- S-L-O-W-L-Y add the powdered sugar (otherwise you will get a cloud of powdered sugar in your face. I do not know this from experience…)
- Mix together until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Add food coloring. If you don’t have orange, mix equal parts red and yellow food coloring until you find your ideal pumpkin shade.
- Pop the dough in the fridge to let it set for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into balls (bite sized is ideal) and line them up on a cookie sheet with some wax paper.
- Use a toothpick to make the little pumpkin ridges. I found it works best to lean the whole toothpick into the dough to make the indent. Do this about 4-6 times, all the way around the dough ball.
- Get two chocolate chips. Put one on top of the PBPB for a stem. Eat the other one.
- Refrigerate for another 15ish minutes before you serve ‘em up. If they don’t get eaten right away (they might), store the rest in the fridge in a covered container.